Friday, March 4, 2011

Monkey Business

With my time exploring and looping around the countries of mainland SouthEast Asia (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia) exhausted, it was back to Indonesia -- and a couple weeks of surfing in Bali -- before heading on to Australia.  


Admittingly, I was not overly excited about returning to Bali, but, after multiple flights from Cambodia via Malaysia, it was nice to be traveling back to somewhere somewhat familiar:  to catch up with a few friends, see some familiar surfers in the water, know the roads, motorbike guy, local laundry lady, etc.  Although my camera stayed packed in my bag most of the time, I finally whipped it out to capture some 'Monkey Business' during a ceremony at the temple up above the most famous surf break in Bali - ULUWATU...












It has been a great segment of my travels moving through the region of SouthEast Asia during the last three months... now on the Australian continent, I make my transition back to the 1st World and with it hot water showers, toilet paper, good internet, and native english speakers.  We'll see what adventures lie on the travel road ahead.....

Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. all the monkeys in the zoo give their best regards to you...from the 2 you know who...
    xoxo,
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete